From SB: Someone I Judged By Their First Impression

To someone I am gladly wrong about, who is such a force of graceful nature I couldn't be prouder to call her my friend & join my name with hers. To the Vanessa in the #shenessa. 

You are the girl I first heard about,
He'd always enthusiastically talk about you,
It raised a lot of my self doubt,
Especially when he told me about the cool things you do.

He was excited for us to meet but I worried all the same,
I am not the biggest girls gal there is to find,
Other than what he told me I only knew your name,
He said we'd get along because you were also slightly out of your mind.

Came the day we stumbled upon each other & the first thing you did was give me a huge embrace,
Any heart of stone would melt seeing your incredibly friendly face,
We immediately bonded over Lang and geeked out over her upcoming book.
Those two hours together was all it took.

Fast forward to when the boy decided I was no longer for him,
And while he had left me feeling pretty grim,
There you were on a Monday with a smile,
Holding my hand through it all the while.

Its only been a short time but you're one of my closest friends,
Truly you're unmistakably a hidden gem,
I watch you maturely & gracefully pull through it all,
And I always promise to be here for the long haul.

So Vanessa my dearest sweet superstar,
Never let people make you feel less than what you are,
You're so many great things rolled into one,
Lets not forget your brilliance at making puns.

On days you feel so down & hollow,
Just remember there will be a better tomorrow,
If I was wrong about you, other people will be too,
But one day the right fler will come & he'll know just what to do.

So Vanessa just keep on doing you,
Sometimes take me along for the ride too,
Here's to more poetry & tostada chips till late ,
Our friendship knows no bounds or expiry dates.

- SB
11.42am, 1st March 2016
Ghetto HQ


SB is a conflicted soul of sorts, who is mad enough to go chase after what she really loves as opposed to conform to society and her mother's idea of a successful person. She prays she makes it in life, because she will not be able to tolerate the nagging that would follow if she doesn't. Her inspiration comes from everything around her, as well as made up situations in her head. Good luck distinguishing between the two. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia