Love Me A Little

People say you accept the love you think you deserve. In all my flaws & complexities, I realized I've gotten used to being loved very little, in small bits & pieces. Do I deserve this? Probably not. But am I used to it? Well..

Love me a little,
Not too much or just enough,
Love me in the minimal amount,
Sparingly & don't be too tough.

Give me an hour of your time,
Or if you're generous maybe two,
Then never call again for days,
Because you have so many other things to do.

Send me a text or maybe three,
Laden with emojis & that unique charm,
Only to ignore my replies for days to come,
And when I've almost forgotten, send another text to me.

Hold me close just for a while,
A brief hug that isn't brief at all,
But then avoid looking me in the eye,
Or holding my hand in the car or in malls.

You see, I used to love too much too soon,
Even when people up & left,
When they came back I just kept loving them,
But they never stayed for too long.

So love me a little,
The bare minimum is all you need to do,
Don't worry about commitment or expectations,
The bare minimum is what I am accustomed to.

- SB
3.12am, 12th February 2016
Ghetto HQ


SB is a conflicted soul of sorts, who is mad enough to go chase after what she really loves as opposed to conform to society and her mother's idea of a successful person. She prays she makes it in life, because she will not be able to tolerate the nagging that would follow if she doesn't. Her inspiration comes from everything around her, as well as made up situations in her head. Good luck distinguishing between the two. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020