I Didn't Choose The Poetry Life, The Poetry Life Chose Me

In honour of World Poetry Day on 21st of March 2016,  a poem on poetry and poets. 

Writing a line or two,
Is not a difficult thing to do,
Writing a poem or three,
Is as difficult as difficult can be.  

When it comes to poetry,                
It can be long, short or anyway you want it to be,
It will give you all the feels,
Even if you're a man of steel.  
   
Poetry makes me happy,
And poetry let's me be who I want to be,
Poetry has changed me,
For that I thank thee.                      

Poetry has ruined me,
For it has shown me how beautiful words can be,
I even have dreams about poetry,
That's how much poetry has an effect on me.

Poets, here's to you,
The ones who write as a form of therapy,
The ones who are called crazy,
The ones who write to make sense of what they're going through.

Here's to you,
The ones who bleed out their feelings into poetry,
The ones who've been told that writing about their feelings is petty,
The ones who rhyme to try and feel better, here's to you.

 - JN
10.00am, 21/3/2016 (Monday)
Home, Kelana Jaya



JN is the one who doesn't take chances, but she's working on that. She's powering through life, one day at a time. Even with all that life throws her, you'll always see her with a smile. She's a hopeless romantic, hopeless beyond repair. You may say she's a dreamer, but she's got her feet on the ground.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020