Revolving Doors

Inspired by the quirky relationship of Jake Broderick & Laura Diamond, of the TV show The Mysteries of Laura. Some people come in and out of your life so often it feels like you're a revolving door, and you wish for them to be a constant, even though you know it isn't really possible. 

I wait in anticipation for you,
Every time.
The uncertainty of never knowing when I will see you next,
I don't mind.

I think I'm okay,
I go out & do things & meet people,
Then comes the fateful day,
You show up at my doorstep with a fresh shave.

I love that you do it,
That little thing just for me,
People wouldn't know,
These things about you only I see.

As I sit across from you we talk & you laugh,
And I'm once again overwhelmed by that bursting feeling,
Suddenly breathing is an act so tough,
But I keep it together as we talk about our children & the weather.

It is a whirlwind, a free fall, all at once,
I try to reel it in but it is way too late,
On impulse I invite you for Sunday brunch,
Just so that I might see you again.

And before I know it the hours have passed & you are gone,
Out again of my life as though its a revolving door,
And even though I know we're not meant to be one,
Despite myself, you always leave me wanting more.

- SB
2.25pm, 1st Feb 2016
SMK Assunta Staff Room


SB is a conflicted soul of sorts, who is mad enough to go chase after what she really loves as opposed to conform to society and her mother's idea of a successful person. She prays she makes it in life, because she will not be able to tolerate the nagging that would follow if she doesn't. Her inspiration comes from everything around her, as well as made up situations in her head. Good luck distinguishing between the two. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia