From JN: To Whitney

In lieu with International Women's Day, I decided to write to a woman who I think is one of the greatest singers of all time, Whitney Houston. 

Your voice was amazing,
Your grace was astounding,
Your music was what I grew up listening to,
Mostly when I was feeling blue.

What was it like being a celebrity?
Was it as crazy as it's made out to be?
Did it ever get to you?
Did it make you want to bid the fame adieu?

Was it all you had hoped for?
Was it everything you wanted and more?
There are a lot of questions I want to ask you,
Whitney Houston, you are someone I wish I could talk to.


     - JN
3.00pm, 8/3/2016 (Tuesday)
Home, Kelana Jaya



JN is the one who doesn't take chances, but she's working on that. She's powering through life, one day at a time. Even with all that life throws her, you'll always see her with a smile. She's a hopeless romantic, hopeless beyond repair. You may say she's a dreamer, but she's got her feet on the ground.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020