The Older Sister.

This piece is to honor my sister, as we've been through thick and thin in life & she has always been amazing support. I was inspired by Andy Mineo's Hear My Heart, and felt it is due time to honor my sister, before time runs out.

You were born before me,
3 years apart but you looked after me,
When mum & dad were busy,
Preoccupied being crazy.

You were there keeping it cool,
Guiding us from being fools,
I remember how you thought me how to buy onions,
While mum was hospitalized, tears flow by the millions.

You warned me about women,
But I was stubborn & joined the foolish men,
I learnt the error of my ways,
Even then you loved me anyways.

You put shoes on my feet,
Which made my bad days sweet,
Even when you got married,
You are busy but always got us what we need.

Man... I am super blessed,
To have you when my life is a mess,
Grateful to have you as my sister,
The one who took the role of a mother & father.

I'm sorry a better brother I couldn't be,
To back you up as the pillar of strength you want from me,
You show me grace,
What I need in this crazy place.

Keeping it together & keeping us close,
Even when I was alone in Laos,
I thank the heavens & the Inventor,
To have a sister that loves me - thank you Creator.

We stood the test of time,
And I stand because you have my back all this while.

- Tejh 




I am Tejh, a 25 year old discovering and understanding life's mysterious ways. In the process of making things right and living by faith (insanely). I enjoy art and rhymes, and through hip hop I discovered how interesting wordplay can be. I write to express a deeper side of my personality, my writing picks up where spoken word stops.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020