From SB: To The Person You Hate The Most/Caused You A Lot Of Pain

The most painful thing is when your pain is dismissed by the person who is causing it. More often than not, this is the case though. I wrote this at the pinnacle of a heartbreak, when the person who was breaking my heart wasn't bothered at all. May none of you ever have to live through such a thing, but even if you do - just know you will survive.

Wait.
He said it like it was so easy.
"This isn't all about you. What's the rush? Why can't you just wait?"

I was quiet.

I didn't know how explain to him that every minute I was conscious reminded me that he was out there, existing, laughing, feeling, without me.

I didn't know how to describe how I felt pieces of my heart breaking. Slowly. Painfully. Breaking off from the whole entity, and falling off. Small chips of them, scattered and rattling around my rib cage as I sobbed.

How do I tell him it has been two weeks of agony. Two weeks of pushing on, smiling at people, telling them I would be alright but not really believing it. How do I articulate that sinking feeling of trying to be productive but having your body scream NO FOOL YOU ARE IN PIECES JUST WAIT A MINUTE STOP.

How.

How do I tell him that I can't sleep well because I can't sleep at all despite my best efforts. How do I explain all of this, to a man who thinks waiting on a person to decide if you are worth their love in your life is easy. How.

How do I explain to him this feeling of being left behind. Of feeling like he is looking back at me, and waving. Tricking me into believing he would come back for me while all the while just walking further and further away. And then being told I am self-centered for wanting some sort of certainty.

There are no words for all of the above. None.

So I sit. I cry. I feel my heart fall into pieces, smaller and smaller each time. There is no one to cry into. Nobody's here. There's nothing to be done.

But wait.

- SB
11:44pm, 25th Sept 2015
Inside Stripey the White Saga



SB is a conflicted soul of sorts, who is mad enough to go chase after what she really loves as opposed to conform to society and her mother's idea of a successful person. She prays she makes it in life, because she will not be able to tolerate the nagging that would follow if she doesn't. Her inspiration comes from everything around her, as well as made up situations in her head. Good luck distinguishing between the two. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020