From SY: To My Parents

Today, I write to the two people who have done all they can to bring me up and formed my life today. I would not be here literally and figuratively without them.

Dear Mummy,
Just as you are, you are the light of my world thus far.
Only you know me inside and out, in the times when I am silent and aloud.
All your days you spend for us, giving; loving; supporting; working; you make it look so effortless.
Nobody I know has shown so much endurance, on top of that patience and faithfulness.
Never a dull day when it is spent with you, your point of view is enlightening and always true.
Even though people may have their status quo, you will stand up for what is right and say 'no'.

Chaos was never a taste you enjoyed, you will always have a plan to deploy.
Heavy is the duty of a wife, mother, daughter, even more the daughter-in-law, you still do it better and complain no more.
Every way you are is lovable, you are truly nothing short of incredible.
Every day I am thankful because I am yours, you have never thought of me as a lost cause.

Dear Daddy,
Strict as you are, you always had your reasons, anything untrue was considered treason.
There are good days and bad days, it depended on your tone or the words you would say.
Everything with you is thorough and planned, you are precise, black and white with where you stand.
Parenting with you is by your definitions, doing it your way with minimal emotions.
Helpful and dependable you always are, you have never turned away when people asked near or far.
Endearments and hugs were very rare, but your are one who would always be fair.
News, politics, and knowledge are your passions, you have it all in libraries of collections

Wrong is what you will never admit to, what you say is law and we will do.
Once you let lose and have fun, you would not stop till it is maximum and the day is done.
Now and then you have gone through a lot, every hurt and success you never forgot.
Going through that forged you strong, eventually I understood where you came from.


- SY
Written at 19:58H on 21st September 2015

At 61 Wong Clan




SY is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaids.
She doesn't believe in things that fade and fulfils the promises that she made.
She seeks the hearts of the troubled, to be a listener in times when things are doubled.
She's the kind who stands in the gap, who will only call it quits when it's a wrap.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

2020

Siren Serenade