Superhero

This is written in honour of my Superhero. 

Let me tell you a story,
One that is very dear to me,
It's about a superhero,
Okay, here goes.

My superhero may seem quite ordinary,
Not like someone from all those movies,
With the superhero wearing their underwear on the outside,
And a sidekick with them at all times.

My superhero does everything single handedly,
She does everything efficiently and quick,
All while seeming so carefree,
She doesn't need a sidekick.

My superhero may be human,
She's had her fair share of hardship even,
But she has never once given up,
And that is the way she brought me up.

My superhero defines the word sacrifice,
Because that's what she had to do all her life,
But she never once looked for pity,
She just continues rescuing her own version of Gotham City.

My superhero may not wear a cape,
But make no mistake,
Without a doubt she is superhuman,
My very own mother, my Wonder Woman.
- JN
11.40am, 29/10/2015 (Thursday)
Home, Kelana Jaya


JN is the one who doesn't take chances, but she's working on that. She's powering through life, one day at a time. Even with all that life throws her, you'll always see her with a smile. She's a hopeless romantic, hopeless beyond repair. You may say she's a dreamer, but she's got her feet on the ground.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020

Swinging From Memory To Memory

Siren Serenade