Then and Now.

It started of as getting to know another human. Then this particular human became a friend. Then this friend became a human interest. Then this human interest became the only interest. Then people lost interest and now it's all in the past. Here is a throwback poem on what was then and now back then.

Finally morning came,
I woke up bright eyes open,
Thinking you'd be next to me,
Somehow it feels the same,
Then reality starts to thicken,
It was all a dream you see.

The most anticipated week,
I recall that very day,
When we met and spoke,
A chance for our hearts to speak,
What we longed to say,
All exposed, nothing overlooked.

We were in each others comfort,
When we held each other,
We were in our own world,
Without a single effort,
We left everything that was a bother,
We were all that mattered in the world.

I remembered your face,
You smiled so pleasantly,
But your eyes showed grief,
You walked to the curb at your pace,
You turned and saw what was currently,
There was no way you could find relief.

Since our paths crossed,
You appeared in everything,
My mind was on you twenty-four-seven,
I've never found myself so engrossed,
Without control I write and sing,
For an angel sent to me from heaven.

- SY

Written at 17:18H on 6th September 2011
At Karl Marx 15, Kursk, Russia



SY is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaids.
She doesn't believe in things that fade and fulfils the promises that she made.
She seeks the hearts of the troubled, to be a listener in times when things are doubled.
She's the kind who stands in the gap, who will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

2020

This Is Malaysia