You Make It So Easy

There's that incredibly cliche saying that goes "it is easy to fall in love but it is hard to stay in love", or something like that. I find that to be incredibly true. Once the initial spark and high wears off and difficult circumstances kick in, the true test of Forever takes play, and not everyone passes with flying colours. But sometimes, just sometimes, your partner will give you a reason to hold on and get through every day, and make it so easy. 

It is the middle of the week and we’re both swamped with work,
One of those weeks where any form of sleep is considered a perk,
I arrive home at one am after the day has milked me like a cow,
And there you are with a sleepy smile on your face and beef kuey teow.

It is 6pm and I haven’t heard from you all day,
I’m more or less sure I’ve completely slipped your mind,
Then you call me despite having nothing much to say,
Except for a few words of encouragement that I return in kind.

It is Monday and tonight you’ll go and play basketball,
I hate Mondays because there is no prospect of seeing you at all,
But I look forward to you on the other side of the line before I go to bed,
Telling me how in a couple of hours you’ll be seeing me instead.

Almost three in the morning and you’re trying to finish your brief,
Last minute emails steal away our time like a skilled thief,
But you don’t let that get in your way,
You instead come work at my place till the break of day.

Even when times are trying and circumstances feel really hard,
I still get that feeling so light and breezy,
I never have to worry about my heart or our relationship being marred,
Because you make falling in love every day so easy.

- SB
11.48pm, 11th September 2015
Ghetto HQ


SB is a conflicted soul of sorts, who is mad enough to go chase after what she really loves as opposed to conform to society and her mother's idea of a successful person. She prays she makes it in life, because she will not be able to tolerate the nagging that would follow if she doesn't. Her inspiration comes from everything around her, as well as made up situations in her head. Good luck distinguishing between the two. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Siren Serenade

This Is Malaysia

Swinging From Memory To Memory